In order for all our pups to have the best possible experience we ask you adhere to the following procedures.
All dogs must stay up to date on their vaccines and provide us with a copy as needed. Listed below are the vaccines we require:
- Bordetella: Should be done every 6 months to a year.
- Rabies and Distemper/Parvo: Should be every 1-3 years
- Flea and tick regimen are highly advised
All dogs going into group play should be spayed or neutered by 1 year and have completed the Meet & Greet evaluation. If we have not seen your dog in over 6 months another Meet & Greet may be required.
Owners understand that in supervised off-leash socialization and interaction dogs do play with their paws and mouths. Although we make every effort for this not to happen, a scratch or a puncture can happen. Owners assume all risks and vet visits.
Please be advised that coughs and colds can be picked up anywhere: at a play date with neighboring dogs, a walk on the greenbelt, or a visit to the dog park and dog daycare. If your dog is exhibiting any symptoms of a cold, such as goopy eyes, snotty nose, coughing or a slight hack as if something is in his/her throat, or has diarrhea, please keep them at home. Just like kids at school, it can be passed around and we want to keep a clean healthy environment for all the dogs that come to play. Although we make every effort to remove any dogs with questionable symptoms, your dog could catch a cold even if vaccinated and you assume all risks associated with group play.
While we make every effort to trim nails or give baths at your request, the safety of our team is a priority. Some dogs become anxious and overly agitated during nail trims and/or baths, and we will not be able to perform these services if we feel that the dog’s health or a team member’s safety will be jeopardized.
We are able to give your dog medications during his/her stay at no charge, unless it’s difficult then a small fee per day will be added to their stay. Providing pill pockets, cheese or any other fun item is extremely helpful.
Please complete the following for the Meet & Greet:
- Set up an account
- Sign our agreement
- Schedule Meet & Greet
- Read and understand our policies
- Bring an up to date Vaccination History
Please be advised, prices may change at any time. We will make every effort to give ample notice and we apologize for any inconvenience.
- No package refunds after 30 days from date of purchase.
- For package refunds within 30 days, nights or days used will be charged at single night rate and day care packages will be charged at a full or half-day rate (depending on the package purchased).
- Day Care packages expire nine (9) months from purchase date any days not used will be forfeited.
- Dog Boarding packages expire one (1) year after date of purchase and any nights not used will be forfeited.
- All pricing and policies are subject to change without notice
- Boarding package owners subject to the same policies concerning cancellations or no-shows.
- Multiple dog rates are based on all dogs from the same family staying in the same suite
- Only one discount per stay per family
- Discounts cannot be combined with any other discounts, multiple dog discounts or boarding packages
- Military discounts available only at a full night’s rate
Check in time: All dogs should be here by 4 pm. This allows them time to get settled in prior to dinner. Bring them earlier to have a fun day if possible.
- Food should be packaged in 1 to 3 gallon bags for easy storage.
- A small bed or blanket, one that can be washed easily if needed.
- 2 toys maximum – we do not allow tennis balls or toys that can be destroyed in their sleeping area.
- Treats can be given anytime they are not in group play – we do not allow rawhides, pig ears or raw bones.
- We have plenty of bowls, so no need to bring them from home, unless they have a slow feed bowl that helps with eating.
Check out time: Pick-up is 2pm. If your dog stays past pick-up, a 1/2 day of daycare will be applied.
All dogs must be up-to-date on vaccines.
- Bordetella is accepted every year unless your veterinarian recommends every 6 months
- Rabies and Distemper/Parvo- we accept the annual and every 3 year vaccines
- Rabies is not required until 1 yr of age, unless your vet advises sooner
- A flea and tick regimen are highly advised
- All dogs over 12 months must be spayed or neutered.
- We do not require the Canine Influenza vaccines
We will accept titer tests.
Coughs and colds can be picked up anywhere: at a play date with neighboring dogs, a walk on the green belt, or a visit to the dog park. If your dog is exhibiting any symptoms of a cold, such as goopy eyes, snotty nose, coughing, or a slight hack as if something is in his/her throat, or has diarrhea, please keep them at home. Just like kids at school, it can be passed around and we want to keep a clean, healthy environment for all the dogs that come to play. If your dog is sent home because we have seen any of these symptoms, a note from your veterinarian may be required for your dog to join a play group again.
Any dogs sleeping over that show signs of illness will be seen by a vet (at the owner’s expense) and will not be allowed in group play. Individual play time and walks will be added to your dog’s stay. All efforts will be made to contact the owner before going to the vet.
- A 2-night minimum stay is required at holidays to better accommodate all of our pups. Holiday reservations require a $50 per dog deposit at the time you make your boarding reservation.
- If we do not have a deposit for your reservation within one week of your reservation, it may be cancelled.
- 7 days’ notice for reservation cancellations for holidays is required to receive a full refund.
- A holiday period is considered 3 days before and 3 days after the actual holiday.
- Cancellations within the 7 day period prior to the holiday reservation and “no-shows” forfeit their deposit.
- Deposits cannot be used as credit toward other services.
- All pricing and policies are subject to change without notice.
We must receive a notification 48 hours prior to drop off to avoid the cancellation fee. Any notice given after that time frame may result in a charge of 50% of the reservation.
Early pick-up fee: 50% of the remaining stay if we do not receive notification 48 hours prior to pick-up.
Our policies, procedures, services and rates may change from time to time. We will attempt to notify you of these changes, though we cannot always reach every client. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Thank you for choosing Escape Canine Retreat & Spa for your dog boarding and daycare needs!